Players started to arrive for the NFL scouting combine on Tuesday.
Here are five things to know about the Falcons today:
1. Coach speak. Falcons coach Dan Quinn said the team would provide updates on Grady Jarrett, Vic Beasley and Julio Jones when asked about those three at the coordinators press conference last week. Quinn is set to speak at 11 a.m. He noted this morning that the team had already agreed to Beasley’s $12.8 million fifth-year option and there was “no change” in his status.
2. GM Speak. General manager Thomas Dimitroff is set to speak at 2 p.m.
3. Holyfield’s trainer. Expect Georgia running back Elijah Holyfield to run faster than expected at the combine. He’s been training with Christian Coleman, one of the nation’s top sprinters who went to Our Lady of Mercy and Tennessee.
4. Team day. Most of the executives from teams will speak today.
5. Work outs. Player workouts will start on Friday and run through Monday.
(With Quinn and Dimitroff speaking today, we’ve pushed the the latest episode of The Bow Tie Chronicles podcast and the Cover 9@9 blog back a day to Thursday.)